Thursday, October 1, 2009

All's FAIR...





The State Fair is over, and the midway is all packed up and gone.


Even the remnants from the crowds have been cleaned up. And I have reclaimed my entries in the photography competition this year. There was some stiff competition, too. Amateur photographers from all over West Tennessee were represented. I met one teacher, while in line to register, who had brought photos from some of her students at a high school over two hours away. Local people entering just a picture or two, and maniacs like me who entered in every category imaginable. And my reward for my efforts? Two second place ribbons and a check for four dollars. In this age of over-the-top sensationalism and extraordinary reward, it may not seem like much. But, in my estimation, two second place ribbons and a check for four dollars means that my photography spoke to someone, and that means a lot to me.


And the winning photos? Well, you see 'em here. One is a shot of my husband and a friend working on Ol' Lena, our 1947 1-Ton Chevy. The other is a shot of our farm that I use as a logo of sorts for my soaps and other farm craft.


I'll continue to enter the State Fair every year--with its stiff competition and overwhelming number of entries. It's good, clean fun, and the rewards are far beyond what you could put a price tag on.




No comments:

Post a Comment