Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's been a year, now...






It is difficult to imagine, but it has been a full year since I last wrote.


For quite a while, it seemed as if my writing muse had packed her bags and left on an east-bound train. So much has happened in the past twelve months that it would be far too long a read to detail it here, but suffice it to say that we have been running full-steam ahead. We have purchased and renovated a 2-house rental property here in West Tennessee, we have seen our two youngest children become more settled in their personal lives, and our cast of critters continues to change.

Perhaps two of the most difficult events of the year, though, have been the passing of a very dear friend and bright spot in the world, and the discovery that my mother has cancer. These two things have affected me deeply--to my core--and it is difficult to put into words exactly how this has changed me. It is my hope that I will be able to see God's hand in it all. To see how the greater good is served. But, at the moment, I see only feet into the foggy mist that we call the future. I don't know what the next weeks and months will bring. I only know that--with God's grace--I will make it through each moment as it presents itself.

And, I promise to write more.


For weeks, now, there have been "bubblings" in my soul. Those feelings of "gee, I really would like to comment", but I have been far too busy to sit down at the keyboard.

No longer.

There is far too much beauty in this gift we call life, and I intend on shining a light on as much of it as possible. So, consider this my recommittment to my posts, and know that I intend to live life out loud and to its fullest.

1 comment:

  1. Valerie you are amazing, I hope you will continue to post !!

    ReplyDelete